August 5, 2008

ridiculous & sublime

I have just quit my job in order to focus the next year on the progress of my still-image film about the Little Brothers of Saint Francis, an inner-city monastery in Boston. I am applying to grants, fellowships, and artist residencies to provide the needed money and time to finish the film, currently titled Ridiculous & Sublime: Life in an Inner-City Franciscan Monastery.

This past week I submitted my first application to an artist colony. They require a sample work of a previous film for application to the film/video category. Since I am a first-time filmmaker, I put together a 4-minute trailer instead. I'll be posting the trailer online shortly, in the meantime, here are some of the images I used for it.

2 comments:

Jessica Atcheson said...

I love the monks! And I love Momers! So the combination is unstoppable :) Watch out, Yaddo!

Unknown said...

Is this a church in Mission Hill? How much would I love you if you could arrange for one of your friends to give me a tour of that beautiful stained glass? I can't wait to see how this project evolves.