September 4, 2008

new dimensions in portraiture

Recently, I’ve made it a goal to go deeper with my portraiture. Shooting for Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health I was always focused on getting people to smile and glow in a portrait. This is all well and good but I’m also interested in photographing other dimensions of people. I'm also beginning to experiment more with location.

My beautiful friend Sara is generous, fearless, and playful enough to be my guinea pig as I try new approaches to making a portrait. Here’s some of what we tried at her house yesterday.


(notice the impact of the angle of the face)



(cropped and over-saturated like this, it’s an album cover waiting to happen.)



(this shot makes you feel more comfortable, huh?)

1 comment:

Jessica Atcheson said...

these are so awesome! very cool. love the different locations and dimensions of emotion that come across. and that one is totally an album cover!