September 29, 2008

remembering Colorado

This week I primarily photographed kids, hundreds of them for their School Picture Day. It’s an interesting gig, and often fun. But I can’t show you these photos as they belong to the parents of each of the darling children, but trust me, there are many many painfully cute kids in elementary schools throughout New England.

On the "post" side of photography, I spent time this week selecting a photo to print for my little Brother’s birthday. I chose a photo from our trip to Colorado last summer, so I was back in the 2007 archives and thought I’d share some of these images.

If the images seem to have a different quality, you’re picking up the saturated color resulting from the fact that I shot good old traditional slide film—Kodak KodaChrom to be exact.

Dale by Mirror Lake, at 11,000 feet! (Don't be fooled by his smile, the water was freezzzzzzing!)




That’s the little man himself. When I say he’s my “little” brother, I guess I’m not being clear that he’s 19, was a wrestling champ at his high school, and the diameter of his neck approaches the size of my waist.

Likewise, this is my “little” sister Valerie.





Home away from home.

If you’re curious, this is the winning photo for Don’s Bday gift.

Me, Don (“little” Brother), Dale, and Valerie. Photo by our 5th companion Johanna.

2 comments:

Jessica Atcheson said...

I just hung up my Momers print of Mirror Lake in my newly empty living room, and gives me such a great, deep feeling when I look at it--some combination of expansive awe and wonder and love.

Sara Parrilli said...

You are my incredibly talented friend Maureen Cotton......!!!!!!