July 8, 2009

a little Berkshires beauty and a little hike

I spent the 4th in the Berkshires with a handful of my favorite people.

We were lucky enough to stay at a beautiful house in Copake. View from the back porch.


This is my little sister and she will kill me when she sees I posted this photo. It interests me as an experiment in using flash to balance the exposure of foreground and background.

Sara agreed to hike Laura’s Tower with her accordion!


Our friend Elena makes these Accordion Back Straps for good back support while playing. It is an essential component of hiking with an accordion. Check them out at accordionbackstrap.com.



It was Aaron's first time seeing the Berkshires from the tower.

Valerie's first time up there too!


Music atop the tower!

Sarah absorbs the music and the sun.



We all took turns carrying the accordion.



Success!

My artist friend Becky was also there and posted photos on her blog.

1 comment:

Jessica Atcheson said...

everyone looks adorable! only thing missing is a picture of your sweet face :)

ps. and of course, your photos are amazingly beautiful, as always.